Thursday, September 24, 2015

Anime Parodies Because Yes

Yes. He is in fact, referring to Rei.
Somethings that I absolutely love about the overall anime subculture in America (but really everywhere).

  • Fan-Made PVs
  • AMVs
  • Fanart/Fancomics
  • Fanfiction
  • Translations of Doujinshis 
  • Anime Parodies
I've come across some really great anime parodies in my time in the community and it's about time that I post about them. Yaaaay!

First off, anime parodies are a fanbased creation that are usually available on Youtube for all to view. They have there own voice actors and they rescript the show. Usually they follow the plot line and the parodies, generally (but i haven't seen any that weren't) are for comedic and satire purposes. Sometimes they even have more plot than the real show itself. Of course none of the shows are licenesed and are completely fan made. 

Soooo, the ones I  wanted to talk about are the SAO paraody and the paraody series called 50% Off, an anime parody of Free! Iwatobi Swim Club. But seriously, the amount of shark jokes for Rin is just freaking hilarious. Because I'll be damned if I watch the dub and Jaws over here isn't voiced by the same guy in the paraody.

In 50% Off they make fun of the undertone of the show. The undertone of overly friendly male friends? No the yaoi undertone. All the ships that are possible/ are considered (within reason) are featured in this show. Now I shall quote it.
Old Lady:
Here you can take this to your boyfriend.
Makoto:
He's (Haru) not my boyfriend! heheh
Old Lady:
Hoho, you're not fooling anyone dear.

You see? You see that loveliness of hilarity? All that is just.... *sigh* great. I love that show so gosh darn much. They also make fun of Haru being quiet a lot in the show and it's just brilliant. He ends up being an insane sociopath that talks to himeslef, his many selves, inside his head int he paraody. Thugi-, I mean, Nagisa, is a deliquent and the most funniest character in the show and the teacher is well....I can't even with her. But I'll say this, don't make her get up from her chair.
Everyone's funny on the show...
It's just that he's the best.
(Yup. It's still about Rei FYI)
And the this specific SAO paraody I love too. Because in it, Kirito is a douche. An A-grade douche bag and he says it literally ALL THE TIME. It' s just great. So wonderful. Because in the Kirito is Alway Right Foundation, he will always be fighting in the battle against stupidity. And actually, it has a storyline/plot! He's way more affected by the Sachi and the guild thing than he was in the anime. Okay obviously it doesn't have a huge over arcing storyline that it focuses on, but just a mention, it actually stays fairly closely related to the plot of the original anime.

And I'll be honest right now. SAO and Free!. Though I've watched both parodies all the way to their current episodes, I have seen neither anime all the way through. In fact, I've seen 3-4 episodes of SAO and not even 1 episode of Free! So if you're lazy and unreliable like me, or you're worried about the hype/ want actual BL in Free the way it's CONSTANTLY HINTED AT in the show, then go watch the parodies instead of the actual series. Or both. Or just the anime series. I'm not trying to make anyone do anything here....
Yes. This is an actual line, that he actual says,
 with that face, in the actual parody.
Anyway. Anime parodies. They're great. Not to mention this hilarious and pretty epic cover of the ending theme to the Free's first season ending. Featuring MC. Thugisa. Yup. Not even kidding.


Sorry, not sorry. I just really love 50% Off. 







No comments:

Post a Comment