Sunday, November 29, 2015

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Episode 1 Reaction

Oh my gosh.

This is great. I can't stop laughing. Holy crap. TTuTT

So yeah, I know that everyone has seen this/heard of Jojo's Bizarre Adventures before in the anime community. I mean, seriously. We've all seen that from one of it's seasons.

I am in school right now, this is not good.
Yeah. That.

But anyway, despite the rather bad first impression I had of the show due to numerous other things, I was actually happily surprised when I did end up watching it. Although it was sort of what I assumed it was going to be, it was also kind of not.

First of all, my first impression of the show, without even having seen the first episode yet, was that it was weird and defintly not worth my time. I thought it would be another One Piece. Shinanigans after shinagans with only a vague overlying plot to hold together it's MASSIVE amount of episodes as well as overbearing fanbase. It could still be that, but from what I can see now is that it's a serious type of show.

Well, tries to be.

I laughed SOOOO HARD during the first episode alone! It had so many shounen archtypes filled right off the bat, but from what someone has told me, that's only because that this was a manga adaption that was made in the 90s. Parasyte anyone? But that explains it's character deseigns and ridiculous use of on screen text to make it more *paausssee* dramatic....
I died of laughter.
Metaphorically.

No joke, I just started laughing at the ridiculousness of some of the animation and the character attitudes/personalities and the background sounds and noises. It was wonderful. The animation, although a little wanky in a lot of places, is also pretty dog on good in others. It's almost like it's purposfully trying to make it look, weird. The sharpness and color of the show is extremely engaging compared to its, a lot of the times, lack luster animation quality. A good example, they don't animate the mouths. It's just opening and closing. Nothing else.... seriously.


Yeah, but the opening(s) are amazing. I have watched them so many times now.


But the show isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Luckily enough, most people wouldn't get that impression because of it's weird name. It's like, watching an old cartoon that was remastered. It was good back then, but now you realize that it was kind of stupid but hell, it was entertainging! Unlike Blood Blockade Battlefrontier, though they sort of were the same thing, Jojo just executes it in a better way. Maybe it's the storyline or something I don't know.

Then again, I loved Busou Renkin but looking back it had everything the same wrong with it as Blood Blockade.....

Anyway, I would totally reccomend this show to anyone who wants to watch pure action, poses, and just be entertained. No thinking hard required. Just fun.
All of the memes!

Even other animes mock it. HAH!

Just another day in the Joestar houshould.

No comments:

Post a Comment