Monday, July 21, 2014

That ONE Character

Everybody has to have that ONE character in anime, or television or whatever, where they just have this irrational hate and loathing for. And no, I'm not talking about universally hated anime characters like Makoto from School Days. But let's be real. I haven't met too many people that WEREN'T happy with that ending from School Days. (not giving any spoilers so don't ask)

Brief detour. So I've seen so many anime reviews online about how they hated School Days SOO much, or how irritating, aggravating and just plain 'Go die already' a lot of the characters were and also how surprising yet satisfying the ending was. I haven't actually seen the anime, but now I'm curious. I want to see how bad it is. Like, it's so bad (or aggravating or whatever) that it's funny. Or at least that's what I'm expecting. On episode 3 and nothing really like that has come along, except Kotonoha being frustrating as all living FLUFF! I mean really, gosh DANG IT shut the f*** up and just go talk to the dude!! I mean really. Anyway, I shall be doing something on that when I reach the end.
(left to right)
Kotonha, Makoto, Sekai
Okay back to the original topic.

So I was on Youtube (again) watching this guy say what he thought the best drama animes were. In my opinion they weren't that good of choices. Nana was number 6. I mean....really? It was BELOW Clannad After Story. I don't care that she AND her daughter died and he cried and wished he'd done things differently. I don't give a flying fluff! Like the amount of f***s I give are the chances that his wife had of living during birth. Which I'm pretty sure is zero, and if it's not well she died anyway!
(sorry, I apologize Clannad lovers, no Clannad sympathy and also if you've SEEN Nana you'll understand why I'm bashing it so hard. Nana is just SOOOO good!!! I'm watching it right now and am only a few episodes from reaching it's end)

(P.S. and NO it is not 12/13 episodes long. It's around 42-47 so bleh! But I'm pretty sure nobody was wondering about it anyway.)

Okay, anyway....gosh I'm getting really off topic....

Derp. Well so he put on Ef ~ a tale of memories which was in itself a really good series that I thoroughly enjoyed. Even despite it's art style, which kind of made it take awhile for me to take seriously, it was really good. The only thing that I didn't like about the series was how at the end Miyamura ended up living with Hiiro.

I. Hate. Miyamura. SO much.
Miyamura
Okay, so I know she's only sad and wants somebody to love her and she didn't do anything wrong but ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! I mean you didn't even establish yourself with Kei!! Okay, okay, okay, for those who've seen it I KNOW I'm just being mean but I want her DEAD. DEAD I TELL YOU!!! If I could I would do it myself....I despise her that much. Everytime she's on screen I have to contain the urge to scream. *shudder*

So tell me. Do YOU have that ONE character in anything that you just wish wasn't even a character? Even though you know the truth you just can't suppress your burning hatred for them? Please tell me, so I won't be alone in my hatred. Ookay dokey! BYE BYE!!

OH YEAH!
This picture shows the female protagonists of both the
seasons of Ef.
Ef~ A Tale of Memories also has sequel series called Ef ~ A Tale of Melodies which personally I enjoyed more. Mostly because of the fact that SHE wasn't there. Heh heh heh. Just kidding! Either way, that one was equally, if not better than the first series so I completely recommend the anime if you can get past the art and are okay with drama in your face 24/7. In my personal opinion, as long as I don't have to deal with the problems, I'm perfectly okay with watching it go down and sort itself out in somebody ELSE'S place.

In anime and shows I mean. It's kind of messed up to do that in real life. I mean, you don't just say 'meh, not my problem' when your acquaintance, not necessarily a friend, is 16, says she's abused by her father and NO ONE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR HER and she got pregnant with her brother twice! She got an abortion the first time and gave birth the second because she HAD TO, and is now contemplating whether she's a bad mother or not because she can't celebrate her son'/brother's first birthday.

You just don't do that. Also that scenario came from a manga that I just couldn't bare to read. Gosh dang, that was the SECOND CHAPTER! Are you kidding me? I can't handle that! Brrr...if you want to read it the manga is called Bitter Virgin by Kei Kusunoki.

And on that odd note, I bid you farewell.
FAREWELL!!!! *renaissance wave of my hand all aristocracy like*

2 comments:

  1. WTFlip?! Pregnant with her BROTHER?!! EW!! NO! NEVER!!
    Also: Please raise your hand if you HATE (I mean the GO-TO-THAT-PLACE-BELOW hate) Kaname.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like us when we first started Watashi ni xx Shinasai and we had this burning passion of dislike towards Mami xDDD I know what you mean though. It's not even about a character being the "bad guy" or doing horrible things, it's more so their annoying af personality that makes you just want to rip their lungs out through their nose. Like how everyone hated Ino and Sakura bc they started out as annoying fangirls in the beginning of Naruto (they aren't that bad anymore but jfc their first impressions for how many season were horrendous), but the "villains" Itachi and Sasuke who killed so many people and treated people like utter chet were still liked more bc you didn't want to plug your ears and blind yourself when they came on screen (Itachi is probably the best, most deep and amazing character of anime now to me, like you don't understand. His character development was the best I've ever seen in my life you guys it's just so epic I can't explain it).

    Also, I was watching the new Sailor Moon Crystal thing and never realized throughout my entire childhood how absofreakinglutely annoying Sailor Moon was. She's 14 and I'm guessing Tuxedo Mask/Darren is waaaaay too old for her, never mind that her voice is literally Styrofoam on Styrofoam. She didn't win a prize from some arcade game so she threw a mini hissy fit and started shaking the machine around while whining ever so childishly like dude my 4 year old sister doesn't even do that what are you doing with your life???

    ReplyDelete