Monday, January 19, 2015

Uta no Prince-Sama Gets a Surprising THIRD SEASON!!!

If you even bothered to check the REEEEAL early posts of my blog, or you're one of my close friends that endured those weeks in which I was basically groveling at the feet at the Princes of Songs, Uta no Prince-Sama, then you probably know where this is going. If not, well, enjoy! <3
Well guess what? My favorite anime of all time is getting a CONFIRMED third season! My reaction to the second season was bad but you should have SEEN how much I was hyperventilating when I heard of the third season. It was bad. And by bad I mean oh, so wonderful.

Okay so before ANYONE says ANYTHING I'll point some things out. One, I know that Uta no Prince-Sama isn't the best anime in all of anime nor is it the best reverse harem anime or otome game in the history of reverse harem animes or otome games. But in my mind, it IS. AND YOU CAN DEAL WITH IT. Second, I can openly discuss and point out it's major flaws in plot, animation, character and overall, all-ness of the anime. It's just that that fact might be overshadowed by my blind admiration and love of the series. Third, this is an all in all, fandom post.

Anyway, so knowing most reverse harems, or shoujo genre things in general, it's really unexpected for anything like that to get a second season. So imagine my surprise when these lovely bunch of boys get a third season! Personally I liked the first season much more than the second. (mostly sentimental reasons that I do not care to explain)

What I'm assuming the third season of this anime series will be about (if you're caught up) it will be about the senpais primarily. Maybe focusing more on the hinted idea of them joining together to form Quartet Night more often, maybe even permanently. Or maybe opening more into Heavens (who I freaking hate and really wish the third season will not be about)


In the second season, the very translucent (closer to transparent) plot of the season was to be about Cecil his coming into the picture permanently and his thoughts about Starish and music. The first season focused, I'll admit it, in a MUCH better way than that of the second season, on it's plot. That plot being Tokiya and Hayato and Tokiya's coming into the music life along with the members of Starish. The plot was also pretty translucent in the first season as well. (See? Look, criticism. Still f****ing love this show though.)

Oh and, just because I can throw this in there, that fan service in the performance (PV, whatever, I say it was a performance) of "Maji Love 2000% is such a HUUGE jump from the first season's fanservice it's nosebleed worthy. Oh gosh. Just..... wow. And anyone whose seen both 1000% and 2000% will KNOW what I'm talking about!

Anyway, it is already known of the singer of the opening song (Tokiya *Miyano Mamoru* obviously) and the singer(s) of the ending theme (again obviously Starish) and the voice actors of the third season. Sooo useless information for the fans who have been there since season 1 or 2. It will air this year in April and of course, be titled Uta no Prince-Sama: Maji Love 3000%! I cannot wait. Seriously. I will faint when I hear the opening theme of the third season for the first time.....faint.


2 comments:

  1. Little does past me know...it got a 4th season as well. And I'm going to cosplay Haruka Nanami in only a matter of months. Little does past me know....

    ReplyDelete