Monday, April 20, 2015

Vocaloid Anime Craze

I posted something about Vocaloid and the anime industry earlier in this blog. I wrote that they might want to start taking a step towards Vocaloid animes. And it looks like, they are!


With two animes based off of Vocaloid songs having been released, Mekaku City Actors and Black Rock Shooter, they are making another one being released this month going by the name of Mikagura School Suite. But in actuality WHAT?! What’s with that?! I know what I said before, with Vocaloid songs having really great storylines and interesting ideas, but they are horrible messing those stories up!!
Black Rock Shooter
Maybe I’m just mad that Mekaku City Actors didn’t turn out as well as I seriously hoped it would, but seriously!!! That anime adaptation made NO sense to anyone who didn’t already read/watch the song series until the last episode! I get that they need the mystery and stuff but no, they did a horrible, extremely disappointing job. I love Kagerou Project and the manga is confusing, but still pretty good. (actually, it’s also confusing)
Mekaku City Actors


The problem with Vocaloid into anime is that they are not the song writer or creater. They’re messing up the storyline excruciatingly by horrible pacing and horrible, horrible, animation. Gosh, that was the WRONG studio to do Mekaku City Actors. Seriously wrong. Jeez. And with Black Rock Shooter there wasn’t near enough ANYTHING in that song to make an anime about, which was why I was actually pretty surprised that I found out that there WAS an anime about it! I mean wow. I know it may sound like I’m badmouthing the idea of it, but in actuality, if they put more effort into the making of these animes and chose good ones to do it on, then it would turn out much better than one would think!


For one thing, the animation studio is correct or at least the animation is on point with the vibe that the show is giving. In Mekaku City Actors I know that it’s all a kind of physiological, but it’s background really put a lot of things into it. It also left it confusing. Kagerou Project may not have been the best thing to animize because of how complicated it was. A good thing to turn into an anime, that I think, would be the Kemu Voxx series. It has an interesting storyline but isn’t as hard to follow as Kagerou.
Mikagura School Suite anime
Mikagura School Suite manga

I still hold my belief that Vocaloid song series, emphasis on song SERIES, can be good and original animes, but only if the effort and research is put into it. Like a good anime movie (maybe a short series?) could be Synchronicity. Another idea, that at least hasn’t been done over and over, that noone has seen before that would be fairly easy to turn into an anime. Of course, a few things would have to be placed in the middle, but it would straight forward enough to turn into an anime. I just hope that Mikagura School Suite will be the turning point for Vocaloid in an anime. And when someone asks, What anime is this? We can tell them, and tell them that it’s worth watching.

Mikagura School Suite is actually already airing, I just wrote most of this earlier this month and am only just recently finishing it. It's also a manga by Last Note, along with the songs being composed by Last Note. The first in the series is Houkago Stride.

JubyPhonic, one of my favorite cover-ers, has made a 
cover of this! I haven't actually heard it yet... I think it's new!



1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree that a series or movie based on synchronicity would be amazing

    ReplyDelete