Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Episode 1&2 Reaction

Well. I thought the characters in American horror movies were bad. But no, Corpse Party takes the cake for oblivious, idiotic main characters who have literally no common sense. I mean shiiiiiit.

But that's a point that I'll make a little later. And trust me, I will definetly make this point again later. I'll be damned if I don't... Sachiko charm kind of damned. Hah. Hah. Hah.

I began watching Corpse Party last night instead of doing my homework. 0w0. (I'm an amazing role model for no one in particular) I wathced Missing Footage first not knowing what it was, but I guess it was for the best. Like it's already said, I continued through to watch the first 2 episodes of the OVA series. Though it's full of gore and guts and junk, it's not full of good characters.

So far the death count is 3. The first girl who died was just, wow. How stupid can you get? She was being hanged and her friend was sitting there wondering what the heck she was supposed to do. Should I pull on her?? Yeah I should pull on her. Oh crap it didn't work! What?!?! How's that?? I mean she could've done a number of things like lift her up, prop her up in her thighs, or her shoulders.

*Sigh*

Anyway, the animation and drawing style isn't bad. It's pretty decent or average for me right now. The gore level is through the roof and it's really impressive. Though I will say that if it was live action I probably wouldn't be able to watch as easily. The music is kind of....not very fitting. I don't really like it. It' s just meh. The background music is also pretty forgetable.

But horror shows just need a good story right?

Mmmmm. Though the show does in fact have me intrigued, it's also an adaptation from a game. A game that I really want to play because when you trasnlate games into even full length anime, it loses some of the suspense, build up and even some of the major plot elements. It's already evident in episode 2 (even though it's only 4 episodes) when they quickly jump from being scared to solving the case of the riddle by that of magic. In the first episode, there was nohting lying around or anything for them to try and figure out what was going on. Although in the second, it seemed like everyone and their teacher (lol) knew the story.

Also can we talk about how she found a bag with the kid's NAME ON IT and when she picked it after she said, mind you, do you think this belonged to him? So when the little ghost boy shows up, pointing at her, saying "give it back" her and the guy stand there not knowing WHAT THE FUCK was going on? WHAT DOES HE WANT? HUH? I DON'T UNDERSTAND? NO COMPRENDE!


Are you fucking kidding me? Frankly the only one I've seen that even looked to have a little common sense was the little girl! She was like, better find my brother. Oh shit, that guy looks dangerous, let me run and hide. Oh crap, he killed someone, he's probably not safe to be around, I should go. Thank you sweet little girl. Never go with a pretador to a second location. Good job. Her onii-chan on the other hand, let this weirdo little random girl who came out of nowehre go with his little sister in the courtyard to go to the bathroom when it's been STATED and they've SEEN ghosts that are ANGRY floating around. And to make it worse, he's just like 'I'm going to go wait inside like a DILWEED' SCREAM if you need anything.


Good lord are the stupidest horror show protaganists I've ever seen. My other issue was, I'm not sure if this is true or not but I think it is? It's when they find out that they just have to find the tongues and give it to the kdis. Right after they found the first tongue theys said that they already found 2 more directly after? 1) it was clear and 2) it was really rushed. They didn't even get a montage.

Either way, I'm going to finish it, most likely today. If you like gore and horror I say you could probably enjoy to watch it, but if not and you're just looking for a good plot line.

Imma just... Leave this as a warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment