Wednesday, March 2, 2016

RWBY Volume 3 Episode 11: (Heroes and Monsters) Rant

I love RWBY.
I mean I love, love RWBY. I think it's an awesome web series and is pretty damn good for being only a web seires. It could even hold it's own as a real anime, show, animoo, whatever the fuck you want to call it.

I mean it could! Pupa is literally max 7 minutes per episodes!

I haven't posted about RWBY since the first time I actually just said, 'hey look at this thing, RWBY" But I think I might change that since I really don't have many people to talk to about RWBY and right now, all I want to do. Is talk about RWBY.



First thing, I actually liked this episode a lot. Tons of action, finally getting to see Velvet's weopen, I find myself being attracted to cyborg guys name Core, seeing Qrow's schyte which was fucking awesome, finally getting to see Velve'ts weapon, tons of action and fighting and heartbreak, and oh the irnoy of Roman. Hah, haha, ha. Not tastefully done, but I still appricate it. I especially love puns. I know, whatever, but that was definetly a pun.

The one thing that I need to rant about though, even if nothing else was bad, but this one. Thing.

ADAM.

NO. Just. NO. GOD NO.

First of all, last episode had him showing up dramatically, and all you're expected is a dramatic 'Hello again Blake,' or 'I see you've been holding up, despite you're betrayal.' or FUCKING ANYTHING, but of course he doesn't say any of this. He says, "Hello, my darling." Super fucking awkardly might I add. And I was like, hah, LOL, it's probably just a joke.

It WASN'T. A JOKE.

He straight up is obsessed with Blake in a creepy ass kind of way. And I'm pretty sure Adam is older than Blake too? But not the point. The whole, 'You and me, you were my love.' And oh gosh, the general sort of feeling that she belonged to him. Goodness no! She was in this as a kid! And even if they were in a relationship before, he made it sound like he was her overlord! It's like Tris and Four, but if Four wasn't adorable and let Tris lead the way. It's like Four acted his age and treated her like a recruit but still romantically attracted to her. Or, an even better example. Arobynn Hamel and Celeana Sardothien from Throne of Glass. Just. NO! GOD it was just wrong!

What I Expected

What I Got

Of course, somebody is going to try and tell me otherwise but I'll be DAMNED if that what I thought was implied wasn't even hinted at in the dialouge between Adam and Blake. Everyone says he's going to get a redemption arc. Or maybe he's changed and only acting like because of his semblance or some other theories. Nah. Nuh-uh. Throw logic as much as you want, no matter what, he is DEAD TO ME. Just waiting for Yang to come back with a robot arm and beat the living shit out of Adam. Beauty and the Beast be damned.

I will not complain about it being bad writing. No, in fact it's a pretty interesting twist for them to have been such a... weird, creepy, fucked up item. But that doesn't stop me from hating him and despising their relationship. Doesn't mean it doesn't make for a good story.

I mean of all the things I thought Adam was going to be. Even after the conversation with (Crimson girl), I did not think he would be that. And if someone wants to make the claim that he only changed because of him being forced to fight against the humans, Blake wasn't surprised by what he was saying! She was more surprised by him being there than anything else!

Of all the things I thought Adam was going to be. This. Wasn't. it.

Also another thing. How dare you kill off Roman in such a cliche and terrible manner! We SHIPPED HIM WITH NEO~! (and no guys, she's not Ruby's age, she is in fact, not a teenager at all) So there's that. Not to mention Jaun and his one fucking job.



One job Jaune. Watch. The door. And what did you do? NOT FUCKING THAT! At the very least you would've been able to shout a warning to Ozpin or something so that Amber wouldn't have had to die or HELL maybe she would've and ya'll would've just been better prepared without her element of surpsie. The moral of the story. Watch the door.

Ashley Kachidorian
Jaune Arc
But a plus of the episode, Velvet is a bunny badass! Who knew?! Her camera actually means shit and she has the coolest weapon since duel pistol knuchucks that turns into a staff! Sweet jeebus go Velvet. Ray of sunshine in a shitty ass life sucks episode.

What I expected from Volume 3.

What I got from Volume 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment