Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Sekko Boys Episode 1 & 2 Reaction

It's enough to say that she has a lot to deal
with since they're so hardheaded all the time.
(sorrynotsorry)
So for this series I'm not really sure if could be called a whole series or not because each episode is only 7 minutes or so. I'll tell you right now though, I don't really like that. At least not for this show. It can be done right (not Pupa) for example it was done really well in She and Her Cat, and short series that I just recently finished.
For this show though...

I guess I'll start with a brief summary of the first episode I watched.

Miki Ishimoto is a recent college graduate of art school and just got a job as a manager of a new upcoming boy band. As an art school student she had to draw a lot of busts, statues, and more busts. She can't stand them. Looking forward to her new life, bust free, she can't wait to start being the manager for this new upcoming boy group. (a little bit expecting them to fawn over her, but that's just a fantasy) Prepared to do her best she meets and greets with.... Greco-Roman busts. Yes, the new boy band group, called Sekko Boys, is made up completely of Roman busts. 

I was drawn to this show not because of it's story, but because of it's characters. It's a boy band made up of stone Roman busts. And they aren't recreated in an anime-y way at all. Nope, it's the actual art. The busts, some who are modeled after Gods, even tell about what it was like to be a God and I just cannot.

What she expected.
I was drawn to the show by it's weird and seemingly interesting premise. However I was immediately turned off after the second episode. It was kind of boring, not to mention the boys were all sort of... weird. As interesting as it sounded, it was bland. The boys are average and any personality they do have is cut and copy. Miki is the unfortunate manager whom I like, but also don't really like at the same time. And the new idol girl that comes in later in the second episode is annoying already.

The music is extremely bland, the animation is sub-par at best, but the colors are bright at least giving it that. An okay show that was subpar in story, animation, and style is Uta no Prince Sama, but at least it's charm falls in it's songs. Or maybe that's just me. But the show was upbeat and always fun. With the singers/voice actors being decent at least, I enjoyed it a lot. (who am I kidding, I love Miyano Mamoru and Kousuke Toriumi's voices, KYA!) In this I can't really even say that I like the voice acting or the voices. Not to mention the ending sequence isn't even memorable in the slightest. (despite it being a boy band)

What she got.
There really wasn't anything to keep me watching and so, I abandoned the show. An eccentric idea that just didn't have enough behind it. It was an original anime series, (I believe) written by Michiko Yokote. It is complete and has 12 episodes. It just recently ended so maybe it'll end up having a lot of hype if ERASED ever calms down this season.

Probably not. Erased is going to be there here for awhile. Despite my less than positive feelings on this show, it's your choice if you wanna go try and watch it or not. I personally don't recommend it.
I can't... I just... What even?

(Note: I drafted this before the ERASED review, I just never posted it....)

No comments:

Post a Comment