Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hotarubi No Mori E Review

I think I actually already did something on this (maybe) but I just forgot about it. For the longest time I was looking for this until yesterday, I was just searching through Google+ when I see a picture of the characters on one of my communities. Someone was nice enough to put down the name and I watched it again.

And oh mi goodness, I forgot how sad it REALLY was. I definitely cried.

SO! Let me tell you what I thought of it.

It was so good! It was longer than a anime episode but shorter than a movie. The art was really good and not really like most of the stuff that has been coming out lately. Like, normal hair, normal clothes, normal people. (not that I don't love the totally impossible hair and crazy clothing!) The story was great and well, not very straight up regular anime story line love story kind of idea. It had an old Japanese folklore kind of feel to it in a way. Kind of like all those animes that go back in time. It was so sweet and the background was really good to. They didn't put too much emphasize on the spirits but they didn't show up too much. That and the ending pretty much made the viewers watch the entire thing, including all the credits, expecting something more, but it didn't. It just ended. Like that. Oh, it was so sad. The FEELS!! *bites pillow*

And now a summary of the movie!

Hotari was 6 when she got lost in the Mountain's God forest that was full of spirits. Hotari was hopelessly lost and was crying on the ground after walking around until she couldn't go anymore. Then a boy of about maybe 16 or 17 wearing a cat mask called to her. She ran up to him but got hit in the head because he said that if a human touches him he'll disappear. So he holds an end of a stick while she holds the other and walks her to the exit. He tells her that if she comes back, she'll wander forever with noway out. But she says she'll come back tomorrow with a thank you gift. He tells her his name is Gina and leaves. The next day she comes back and Gin is there too. They enjoy each other so she comes back everyday after that until the end of the summer. Hotari tells Gin that she is only there for summers and promises to come back next summer. Every year after that she spends summer with Gin. While Hotari grows up Gin barely changes but they stay friends. Hotari never touches him. IT IS SO GOOD!! Watch it. Watch it and be in love.


2 comments:

  1. oh yeah you told me about that one. the end really is sad (TT-TT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to watch it still... I've been putting it off since... Well since your other post about it really xD

    ReplyDelete