Monday, January 27, 2014

Anime Reveiw: Dangan Ronpa - The Animation

Yep, I know what I said. Karneval this, Karneval that. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll do it, just. Not now.
:3 (Nepeta reference)

Anyway, over the winter break, or maybe it was a weakened... Yeah a weekend, I watched this anime that I had been meaning to watch for THE longest time after I heard about it and it was Dangan Ronpa - The Animation. As you can see from the italicised words and the title, this anime was originally not a manga. It was a game. A really cool game from what I've found out. And so, here we go!

First, a quick bit plot.

A super prestigious school (high school of course) for only Japan's top students in a certain criteria there is one who is a little out of place. And he is Super Highschool Level Lucky. Other people include, Super Highschool Level Fighter, Super Highschool Level Swimmer, Super Highschool Level Physic, Super Highschool Level ???, and Super Highschool Level Programmer and or Peacemaker. So Super Highschool Level Lucky enters this school with the mindset that he is, in fact, super duper highschool level lucky. He was in fact wrong. As soon as he steps in he blacks out, waking up in a classroom that is barricaded on the windows with steel plates. Finding his way to the gymnasium with the other students, the principal tells them that they can't leave unless they kill each other. And not just that, they have to kill each other and get away with it. They do this by every time someone dies, they hold an investigation and then soon after a trial where they vote on the culprit after discussion. Afterwards, if they choose the right culprit, only they get 'punished'. If they get it wrong, then everyone BUT the culprit gets 'punsihed.' And the very next day, someone gets killed.

So I personally really liked this anime with it's drawbacks being WAY to many characters in such a short time span of episodes and not enough or really get into character back story and or character development. I mean, this is seeing how you don't get to see how that person really is until they have either one, committed a murder, two are a super main character of the many characters, or three is the corpse that just got murdered by the murderer. And even then it's super short. Though I definitily give them credit for those AWESOME execution scenes. Anyway, I say I'd recommend this, but your anime life style would be pretty unaffected by not watching this anime. What I mean is, it didn't give you (too much of it anyway) that feeling of wanting something more and that feeling that drives people to create huge, gigantic fandoms towards this one anime series. Animes like Uta no Prince-Sama Maji Love 1000% for me and....maybe a few others or whatever, anyway you see what I mean.

ANGEL BEATS! Angel Beats! is a good example of that type of anime although it really should have been a a lot longer of a series. But, another time. Anyway, CHARACTER LIST! That is REALLY LONG! Even I don't know all their names. Yeah, and I am WAY to lazy to type their names.


1 comment:

  1. that anime sounds super-dumb. i mean, the system is cool and all, but there's absolutely no real objective whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete