Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Anime Reveiw: Kamisama Hajimemashita

This weekend, or at least last weekend...Tuesday? Is today Tuesday? Yeah, last weeked. Anyway, so I did that. And I also read the new chapters of Kagerou Days manga. Oh dude, dude.. AHHAH!! APRIL! I cannot WAIT! April is when it has been announced, but I'll post about that later. (hopefully because I said that about Homestuck too)

Anyway, so this anime starts off with a girl whose father just ran away from home when he owed money and has just lost her home. There she is, on a bench trying to figure out what she should do when some guy screams from a tree because of a dog. The girl shoos away the dog and the man repays her with a kiss to the forehead and his home to stay at. When she goes to the house it's a shrine and this fox guy called Tomoe tells her that his previous master (who just so happened to be a land god) dissappeared and now she has the powers of the land god...meaning she's the land god. Tomoe gets mad and leaves but when she's in trouble she kisses Tomoe (surprised & mad) making him her familar to serve by her side. This is her going trough the trouble of being a god and falling in love at the same time.

So, to me, this seemed like a better version of the anime Fruits Basket. Yeah, yeah, I don't CARE what you say that is exactly how I saw it in every single way. Girl has nowhere to go, then there is one, and it just so happens that there is a super hot guy living there. Unlike Frutis Basket the main character (whose name slips my mind) is not so super sweet and clusmy. Still a good person just not like Tohru and not as many characters either. Also the characters don't all completley love her. Only two do, like really love her, not like momiji and stuff, although there is one more character who is nice (somewhat) to her as well. Anyway it's not that bad of an anime. There isn't like some super strange plot line behind it (as far as I know, I'm not really sure about the end of that season...) so it's just like Fruits Basket before that whole Kyo thing at the end. (i'm all for TohruxKyo by the way) So yeah. It's just a fun anime that keeps you interested without muich of a plot line so I liked it.

Oh yeah, and I only remeber Tomoe's name from the excessive amounts of times they say his name.

This is the other guy that likes the main character Mizuki
Ahahah. I loved this. ^w^
Anyway, for real now.
He's my favorite...and also a snake...
Man he's awesome! MIZUKI! /(=w=)/
Kurama - red head
Tomoe - white head
And our main character whose name I have looked up
Nanami Monozono


Oh and Mizuki is my absolute favorite character from this show! Unlike most people I really, really, dislike the main male lead, Tomoe. Some people might dislike Mizuki but I just love him. I'm not sure why he's just my favorite character. I mean besides when Tomoe becomes a kid. (CHIBI OVERLOAD! /=u=/) 

Anyway found this and I love the song. Not for everyone but I find this song so addicted because it mixes techno music with like a futile era (not sure what to call old timey Japanese music but like the music from Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom if anyone has seen that...) and it also has some awesome strings and the voice over for Mizuki is singing it. (gosh, who knew he could sing?) Oh better example sounds something like songs from Inuyasha but with more pop mixed in and techno. IT'S AWESOME!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewd5yxmhLNk

Since I can't freaking find the video to post it on here, I'll just give you the link.




2 comments:

  1. i read the manga, and i LOVED IT~! but i really see no connection between this and Fruits Basket whatsoever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read/am still reading the manga too (since 2012 I think) and I thought it was great :) I haven't watched the anime yet though, so I might check it out

      Delete